“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat…” Matthew 25
The Heartland Hunger & Resource Center is a community resource and food bank located in McCall, Idaho. It is a 501(c) 3 non-profit.
We have been serving the community since 2000. The generous support of our community has been vital to our continued success. We have expanded into a cooperative effort of the the following churches of the community:
- Mountain Life Church
- Elk Creek Church
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Community Congregational Church
- McCall Church of the Nazarene
- Our Savior Lutheran Church
- Our Lady Catholic Church
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
The Vision for Heartland Hunger & Resource Center comes directly from the call to serve the poor in Matthew 25: “… for I was hungry and you gave me something to eat…” This principle guides our core values, our policies and our service to the community.
Our Mission Statement is:
- To alleviate hunger and food insecurity of those in Valley County and surrounding areas so that no one in McCall and surrounding areas goes hungry, no matter what the circumstances
Specifically, HH&RC’s Goals and Objectives are:
- To provide hunger and nutrition relief to those in need.
- To educate and inform families about additional available community resources.
- To be good stewards of our resources.